- 2 cups seasoned bread cubes
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups parboiled courgettes, cut in 1/8 inch slices
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in ½ inch strips
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Place bread cubes in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, arrange onions, courgettes, peppers, tomatoes then cheese in layers on top. Season.
Bake at 350ºF (180ºC - mark 4) for 45 - 60 minutes until vegetables are tender & cheese is melted.
- 4 cups grated courgettes
- 1 onion, sliced or chopped
- 4 oz grated sharp cheddar
- 8 oz can tomato purée
- 4 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb minced beef (optional)
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
Mix the courgettes with half the cheddar, mozzarella and eggs. Press into a greased 10 x 15 inch pan. Bake at 400ºF (200ºC - mark 5) for 15 minutes.
Brown and drain the beef, season, add the onion, tomato sauce and pour over the courgettes. Top with the remaining cheese, green peppers, mushroom and oregano.
Bake at 400ºF (200ºC - mark 6) for 30 - 35 minutes.
- 10 cups finely shredded courgettes
- 2½ cups vinegar
- 5 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 4 cups finely shredded onion
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 finely shredded peppers
- 1 tbsp dry mustard, 1 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp whole black peppers, 2 tbsp celery seed
Mix together courgettes, salt, onion and peppers, let stand overnight then drain.
Add remaining ingredients and boil until it looks done, about 20 to 30 minutes.
It will be thick but gets thinner when boiling. Put in hot sterilised jars.
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups peeled & grated courgettes
- ½ cup coconut (optional)
- ½ cup nuts (optional)
Mix the eggs and the sugar, add the vanilla & oil. Mix well.
Add the courgettes and dry ingredients, mix well.
Bake at 325ºF (170ºC - mark 3 ) in two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans that are well greased for 1 hour.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup bran cereal (crushed)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shredded unpeeled courgette
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
Combine cereal mix and let stand for 10 minutes. Add cereal mixture to dry ingredients.
Stir until just moistened. Fold in the courgettes
Divide among 12 muffin cups.
Bake at 400ºF (200ºC - mark 6) for 15 to 20 minutes.
8 cups courgettes, peeled, no seeds, cut like apple slices
Crust & topping:
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 ¼ lb sticks of margarine
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Cook courgettes etc until tender. Let cool.
Combine crust & topping ingredients & crumble. Use half the mixture to line a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC - mark 4) for 10 minutes.
Pour courgette mixture over baked crust. Top with other half of crust mixture. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC - mark 4) for 40 minutes.
- ¼ lb minced beef
- 1 cup sliced courgettes
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup cream of mushroom soup
- ½ tsp chervil or basil
- 1 cup egg noodles (or flat pasta)
- ¨ø cup of sour cream
Cook minced beef and onion until meat loses its pink colour.
Mix mushroom soup, noodles (pasta), courgettes & seasoning with meat. Simmer covered until noodles (pasta) are tender.
Stir in sour cream & warm through.
|Your basket is empty|
Order time left: